One comment our readers have been stating recently is finding a place that tells them the steps it takes to make a PPTP connection setup for iPhone. In an effort to help our readers as much as possible, experts have written a procedure you can follow to make your set up easier. Since the iPhone is the one of the market leaders in the smart phone industry, it is imperative that you keep your device private and Internet usage safe when using WiFi.
By following this guideline, you should be able to make the connection to your iPhone and begin to surf the net will complete privacy;
- Register with a VPN
- Receive a password in your email address provided during registration
- Log back onto the VPN’s website
- Choose your features
- Pay for your membership
- Receive setup information from the VPN service
- Open Setting from your iPhone menu
- Select General from the menu
- Select Network from the next menu
- Select VPN
- Select Add VPN Configuration
You will be taken to a page that will require you to fill out the VPN details. This information came in the second email sent to you after you setup your VPN account and selected your features.
- At the top of the next window on your iPhone, you will see a list of protocols
- Select PPTP, it should be in-between L2TP and IPSec
- In the Description, enter the name of the VPN provider you are using, such as Hidemyass.com
- In Server, enter the server sent to you from your VPN provider
- In Account, enter your VPN account user name
- Leave the RSA SecurID OFF
- In Password, enter your VPN account password
- Turn ON Send All Traffic
- Go back to the top of iPhone page and on the right side, you will see a Save button. Save the new configuration.
- Go back to the Add VPN Configuration page on your iPhone
- You will see the display beside VPN in the OFF position, switch that to the ON position
You can now begin connecting to the net through your secured VPN network. You can change IP addresses, connect or disconnect to your VPN network when you desire and be ensured that you will not have any other Internet privacy problems again.
|Rank||Provider Name||Starting Price||Money Back Guarantee
||Visit Provider Site
|4||StrongVPN||$21/ 3 months||7 Days|